The calorie calculator first determines your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) using multiple factors including height, weight, age and sex. It then multiplies that value by an activity factor that takes into account your daily activities. This produces a value that represents your total daily calorie requirement for maintaining your weight. If you’ve selected either “Lose Weight” or “Build Muscle” as your goal, the calculator will add or subtract a scientifically determined amount of calories to or from the total.
Body Mass Index (BMI):
The body mass index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to both adult men and women.
BMI Calculator – Imperial version
(units measured in lbs & inches)
Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR):
Your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the energy used (measured in calories) by your body to perform basic functions including internal energy expenditure, breathing and body temperature. It is the number of calories your body would expend if you performed no physical activity throughout the day. This calculator determines your BMR using multiple factors including height, weight, age and gender.
BMR is influenced by:
- Muscle Mass
- Body Size
- Environmental Temperatures
Pulse Rate or Heart Beat Calculator:
The pulse rate or heart beat calculator helps you to find out your average pulse rate/heart beat per minute. You can find average pulse rates for different stages of the human life cycle, from a mother’s womb to a new born baby; a child’s first, second and third year; to teen, adult and old age.
The human body requires a fresh supply of water every day. Not only is water one of the most abundant nutrients available, but it’s also the most important. Water helps regulate and maintain your body temperature, transports nutrients and oxygen, removes waste products, and moistens your mouth, eyes, nose, hair, skin, joints and digestive tract. Limiting your water intake can result in dehydration, elevated body temperature, fatigue, decreased performance as well as increasing the risk of heat-related illness. You should consume at least ten 12-ounce glasses of water per day.
- Why Should I Hire a Personal Trainer? All the Exercise Information I need is in a book or on the Internet…
- Why Should I Hire a Personal Trainer? All the Exercise Information I need is in a book or on the Internet…Why Should I Hire a Personal Trainer? All the Exercise Information I need is in a book or on the Internet…Posted 6 years ago
As a student of exercise science, I love that question. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I bought my first Judo book. I was convinced I…
- Betz Method Becomes Brooklyn Athletic Club!
- Betz Method Becomes Brooklyn Athletic Club!Posted 12 months ago
Hey, Neighbors! First, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to visit our site. This will be our blog to keep you up to date on the progress of Brooklyn…
- Our Williamsburg Gym is Coming Up on 2 years in this Space!
- Our Williamsburg Gym is Coming Up on 2 years in this Space!Posted 2 years ago
This week many of us will be spending time with friends and family celebrating Passover and Easter. Please enjoy this time with loved ones.It's hard to believe that our Williamsburg…
- Your 1st Unveiling of 2013! (plus, class
- Your 1st Unveiling of 2013! (plus, class changes at the gym)Posted 2 years ago
OK, so 9 Mondays have passed in the New Year. How is it going? Have
you stuck to an exercise program? Are you eating better? I hope so! This
is the time…
- The 30 Worst Toxic Ingredients & Polluta
- The 30 Worst Toxic Ingredients & PollutantsPosted 2 years ago
The 30 Worst Toxic Ingredients & Pollutants
Taken from www.agora-health.co.uk
WHAT IT DOES
Food products and carbonated drinks
Possible carcinogen; disrupts thyroid function
Used in soft drinks
- NUTRTION IN 108 WORDS
- NUTRITION IN 108 WORDSPosted 2 years ago
Keep it simple! Nutrition in 108 words:
Eat real, unprocessed food as close to nature as possible; listen to your body.
Pretend the modern supermarket doesn't exist. Choose foods that could be grown, hunted…
- The New Dirty Dozen: 12 Foods to Eat Organic
- The New Dirty Dozen: 12 Foods to Eat OrganicPosted 2 years ago
I found this article extremely helpful in determining which foods you really should buy organic & which ones you could scrimp & save on if necessary. –Larry Betz, CSCS
- 24 Hour Liver Flush
- 24 Hour Liver FlushPosted 2 years ago
I got this detox from a friend in Chicago. My girlfriend & I are getting gutsy & trying it out this weekend! Thoughts, experiences & modifications to follow!
24 Hour Liver…
- Don't Get Caught Up in the Calories
- Don’t Get Caught Up in the CaloriesPosted 2 years ago
The topic of counting calories came up in a class here yesterday & it's one that many people are constantly concerned with as well as unclear on. It's always good…
- Health Club Etiquette 101
- Health Club Etiquette 101Posted 2 years ago
Betz Method Strength & Conditioning Center: Essential Etiquette
Most gyms and health clubs have rules that they ask patrons to follow, and they’re often posted in visible areas so they’re easy…
- Training Programs for January’s Group Strength and Conditioning Sessions 2013
- Training Programs for January’s Group Strength and Conditioning Sessions 2013Posted 2 years ago
Coach Michael Camarra and myself just put the finishing touches on our training programs for January's group strength and conditioning sessions.
Each workout is well balanced and each week (microcycle) we…