Currently, Betz Method Strength and Conditioning is accepting applications for interns. The internship is the first step to a career in the fitness industry. Once the internship is complete, you will be eligible for Phase 2 of your education. This is an exciting opportunity to learn hands-on in one of Brooklyn’s busiest training studios.
INTERNSHIP PROCESS AND REQUIERMENTS
1. The head coaches will interview you.
2. You will fill out a questionnaire.
3. Then a second interview, where the coaches will decide unanimously for the intern candidate to work with us.
Once selected you, the intern, must agree to the following:
1. Attend 2 group sessions and 1 one-on-one session given by any coach. It is required to mirror all coaches several times throughout the 8-week process, for a total of 16 group sessions and 8 one-on-one sessions.
2. You must inform Larry Betz which group sessions you will be attending as well as arrive 15 min early to review and stay 15 min after the group session to recap anything that was taught that session. Text and/or email is fine.
3. You must inform the coach you are planning to mirror in the beginning of the week, to see their availability. Please arrive 5 minutes before the session and be able to recap after the session. Text and/or email is fine.
4. Always be clean, neat and well-groomed. You must also always wear acceptable training attire.
5. You will be a representative of our community. As such, please always be respectful and refrain from foul language. We are creating a positive coaching community.
To successfully complete the Internship Program and become an Assistant Coach you must:
1. Commit to 5-6 hours per week for 8 weeks. Failure to miss any week will end your internship. No exceptions.
2. The ability to teach all the details and the intent of the Dynamic Warm Up, Movement Prep, the 4 levels of Plyometrics/Reactive Drills and a basic beginner workout to the group or a private. It is of the utmost importance not only to be able to coach and cue these movements but to explain why we do them.
3. All equipment must be put back in the proper place. You will also be expected to assist in cleaning the space once a week. This is a very busy studio and the equipment are our tools and there is a place for all the tools. Failure to do so will end your internship immediately. No exceptions.
4. Once you have successfully tested out of the internship and are working as an assistant coach, you will be able to assist in the group training, which is a paid position. You will also be eligible to enroll in the coaching program to become a full time coach. The details of this program are included in a separate document.
5. Become certified through NSCA or NASM (on your own).
6. Become CPR certified (on your own).
7. Be cleared through a risk management company and NYC codes and laws to work in a location with children. More info to follow.
8. KNOW OUR MISSION STATEMENT.
Contact Larry for more information.
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
SAND BAG TRAINING
BASIC PROGRAMING FOR YOUR CLIENTS
SPEED AGILITY QUICKNESS TRAINING
INTEGRATED STRENGTH TRAINING
- Why Should I Hire a Personal Trainer? All the Exercise Information I need is in a book or on the Internet…
- Why Should I Hire a Personal Trainer? All the Exercise Information I need is in a book or on the Internet…Why Should I Hire a Personal Trainer? All the Exercise Information I need is in a book or on the Internet…Posted 6 years ago
As a student of exercise science, I love that question. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I bought my first Judo book. I was convinced I…
- Betz Method Becomes Brooklyn Athletic Club!
- Betz Method Becomes Brooklyn Athletic Club!Posted 12 months ago
Hey, Neighbors! First, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to visit our site. This will be our blog to keep you up to date on the progress of Brooklyn…
- Our Williamsburg Gym is Coming Up on 2 years in this Space!
- Our Williamsburg Gym is Coming Up on 2 years in this Space!Posted 2 years ago
This week many of us will be spending time with friends and family celebrating Passover and Easter. Please enjoy this time with loved ones.It's hard to believe that our Williamsburg…
- Your 1st Unveiling of 2013! (plus, class
- Your 1st Unveiling of 2013! (plus, class changes at the gym)Posted 2 years ago
OK, so 9 Mondays have passed in the New Year. How is it going? Have
you stuck to an exercise program? Are you eating better? I hope so! This
is the time…
- The 30 Worst Toxic Ingredients & Polluta
- The 30 Worst Toxic Ingredients & PollutantsPosted 2 years ago
The 30 Worst Toxic Ingredients & Pollutants
Taken from www.agora-health.co.uk
WHAT IT DOES
Food products and carbonated drinks
Possible carcinogen; disrupts thyroid function
Used in soft drinks
- NUTRTION IN 108 WORDS
- NUTRITION IN 108 WORDSPosted 2 years ago
Keep it simple! Nutrition in 108 words:
Eat real, unprocessed food as close to nature as possible; listen to your body.
Pretend the modern supermarket doesn't exist. Choose foods that could be grown, hunted…
- The New Dirty Dozen: 12 Foods to Eat Organic
- The New Dirty Dozen: 12 Foods to Eat OrganicPosted 2 years ago
I found this article extremely helpful in determining which foods you really should buy organic & which ones you could scrimp & save on if necessary. –Larry Betz, CSCS
- 24 Hour Liver Flush
- 24 Hour Liver FlushPosted 2 years ago
I got this detox from a friend in Chicago. My girlfriend & I are getting gutsy & trying it out this weekend! Thoughts, experiences & modifications to follow!
24 Hour Liver…
- Don't Get Caught Up in the Calories
- Don’t Get Caught Up in the CaloriesPosted 2 years ago
The topic of counting calories came up in a class here yesterday & it's one that many people are constantly concerned with as well as unclear on. It's always good…
- Health Club Etiquette 101
- Health Club Etiquette 101Posted 2 years ago
Betz Method Strength & Conditioning Center: Essential Etiquette
Most gyms and health clubs have rules that they ask patrons to follow, and they’re often posted in visible areas so they’re easy…
- Training Programs for January’s Group Strength and Conditioning Sessions 2013
- Training Programs for January’s Group Strength and Conditioning Sessions 2013Posted 2 years ago
Coach Michael Camarra and myself just put the finishing touches on our training programs for January's group strength and conditioning sessions.
Each workout is well balanced and each week (microcycle) we…