Currently, Betz Method Strength and Conditioning is accepting applications for interns. The internship is the first step to a career in the fitness industry. Once the internship is complete, you will be eligible for Phase 2 of your education. This is an exciting opportunity to learn hands-on in one of Brooklyn’s busiest training studios.
INTERNSHIP PROCESS AND REQUIERMENTS
1. The head coaches will interview you.
2. You will fill out a questionnaire.
3. Then a second interview, where the coaches will decide unanimously for the intern candidate to work with us.
Once selected you, the intern, must agree to the following:
1. Attend 2 group sessions and 1 one-on-one session given by any coach. It is required to mirror all coaches several times throughout the 8-week process, for a total of 16 group sessions and 8 one-on-one sessions.
2. You must inform Larry Betz which group sessions you will be attending as well as arrive 15 min early to review and stay 15 min after the group session to recap anything that was taught that session. Text and/or email is fine.
3. You must inform the coach you are planning to mirror in the beginning of the week, to see their availability. Please arrive 5 minutes before the session and be able to recap after the session. Text and/or email is fine.
4. Always be clean, neat and well-groomed. You must also always wear acceptable training attire.
5. You will be a representative of our community. As such, please always be respectful and refrain from foul language. We are creating a positive coaching community.
To successfully complete the Internship Program and become an Assistant Coach you must:
1. Commit to 5-6 hours per week for 8 weeks. Failure to miss any week will end your internship. No exceptions.
2. The ability to teach all the details and the intent of the Dynamic Warm Up, Movement Prep, the 4 levels of Plyometrics/Reactive Drills and a basic beginner workout to the group or a private. It is of the utmost importance not only to be able to coach and cue these movements but to explain why we do them.
3. All equipment must be put back in the proper place. You will also be expected to assist in cleaning the space once a week. This is a very busy studio and the equipment are our tools and there is a place for all the tools. Failure to do so will end your internship immediately. No exceptions.
4. Once you have successfully tested out of the internship and are working as an assistant coach, you will be able to assist in the group training, which is a paid position. You will also be eligible to enroll in the coaching program to become a full time coach. The details of this program are included in a separate document.
5. Become certified through NSCA or NASM (on your own).
6. Become CPR certified (on your own).
7. Be cleared through a risk management company and NYC codes and laws to work in a location with children. More info to follow.
8. KNOW OUR MISSION STATEMENT.
Contact Larry for more information.
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
SAND BAG TRAINING
BASIC PROGRAMING FOR YOUR CLIENTS
SPEED AGILITY QUICKNESS TRAINING
INTEGRATED STRENGTH TRAINING
Fatal error: Call to undefined function slidedeck() in /home/betzmethod123/public_html/wp-content/themes/betz/page.php on line 70